Are you looking for a nutritional therapist or nutritionist*?
CNHC Registered Nutritional Therapist MBANT
Location: East Molesey Surrey KT8 9AZ (map)
In practice since 2006
Nutritional therapy for children and adults for healthy...
New client consultations are by video only now for initial appointments because of the COVID-19 situation.
A new paper bringing together the evidence
for higher rates of comorbid mental and physical conditions
for individuals with ASD.
"Leaving these physical conditions undiagnosed and untreated clearly results in health inequalities ... also significantly decrease a person's quality of life .."
Sala et al, 2020. Bridging the gap between physical health and autism spectrum disorder
Study into COVID-19 risk and mitigating factors
including use of vitamin D and other supplements
by Professor Adrian Martineau and colleagues at Queen Mary University of London.
QMUL COVIDENCE UK Study details
Participate in The COVID Symptom Study
to produce a digital prediction of infection rates by King's College Hospital.
NHS revises advice on vitamin D supplementation
during COVID -19 lockdown
which you can read here
An opportunity to take part in a probiotic research study for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and co-morbid gastrointestinal symptoms at University College London
Link to trial information
Where and how
Elmbridge Nutritional Therapy is based in Molesey in Surrey about a mile from Hampton Court Bridge. The nearest towns are Esher, Walton on Thames, Weybridge, Oxshott and Cobham. (map)
Home visits are unfortunately no longer available due to COVID-19 and the risk to family members.
The first appointment must be by video. After that follow up consultations can be conducted by phone, video or audio.
Experienced in complex needs
Early in my practice I followed the research and best practice in the nutritional support of children with autism and ADHD and adults with fatigue conditions and Alzheimer's dementia and have worked to stay at the forefront of knowledge in this area.
In 2010 I trained with the most knowledgeable autism nutrition practitioners in The United States: Dana Laake, Liz Lipski, Kelly Barnhill, Peta Cohen and Vicki Kobliner and returned to The United States in September 2018 to the Medical Academy of Pediatric Special Needs (MAPS) conference in Atlanta. I aim to return regularly to continue updating my knowledge.
My professional body (BANT) requires that I continuously update my professional knowledge. Some of the seminars and courses I have undertaken since 2006 include:
- Food for the Brain Conference in London 2008
- Nutrition level II & Science Conference Long Beach USA 2010
- Nutrition and Autism: Liz Lipski
- Autism – A Whole Body Multi-System Disorder: Peta Cohen
- Nutrient Deficiencies in Autism: Dana Laake
- Drug-Supplement-Nutrient-Interactions: Vicki Kobliner
- Nutrition Lab Assessment: Liz Lipski
- Dietary Intervention in Autism: Kelly Barnhill
- Nutrition and Autism: Liz Lipski
- Autism/Asperger's: Medical, Nutritional and Dietary Challenges - Professor James B Adams of Arizona State University 2011
- A Functional Medicine Approach to Mental Health - Dr Jay Lombard
- From Autism to Alzheimers - Integrative Medicine for Mental Health International Conference - London 2012
- ME with Dr Sarah Myhill 2012
- Gut Function Dysbiosis and Mental Health - Great Plains/Biolab 2014
- Interpreting Organic Acid Tests - William Shaw/Great Plains Lab 2015
- Mind Body Nutrition - Dr William Walsh & Dr Barry Seers 2015
- Orthomolecular Applications in Integrative Psychiatry - ADHD - Depression - Dr James Greenblatt/International Society for Orthomolecular Medicine 2018
- Medical Academy of Pediatric Special Needs Fall 2018 Conference in Atlanta , GA, USA: Foundation module, cutting edge topic: Environmental Medicine and advanced clinical module in Neurology
- Suicide Prevention - Dr James Greenblatt - ISOM 2019
- Mood and ASD: Nutritional Strategies for Anxiety - ARI 2019
- Immunity and Inflammation - Dr Sarah Myhill 2012
- Explaining Unexplained Illnesses - Dr Martin Pall
- Menopause and Osteoporosis - Dr Marilyn Glenville
- Child Nutrition - Sally Childs
- Metabolic factors in weight gain
- Weston A Price Wise Traditions London 2011 and 2012
- Cardiovascular Health & Stress - A Functional Perspective
- Gluten Sensitivity and Coeliac Disease - Dr Tom O’Bryan
- Adrenal Fatigue - Dr James Wilson
- Preconceptual and Pregnancy Wellness - Kelly Barnhill 2013
- Endocrine and Toxicology Master Class - Dr Sarah Myhill 2013
- Genovations (Nutrigenomic) Training - Genova Diagnostics 2014
- Detoxification and essential fatty acids - Patricia Kane 2015
- Lyme and Associated infections: Lab Testing - AONM/Armin Lab 2015
- Nutrigenomics for exercise and diet - MyDNAHealth 2015
- BANT Nutrigenomic Counsellor Register Practitioner 2016
- Neurology, Chronic Infections, Obesity training days - BSEM 2019
- Mast Cells, Mould and Chronic Ill Health - AONM 2019
Functional Tests Available Include:
Cambridge Nutritional Sciences
GDX/Genova Diagnostics Europe
Great Plains Laboratory
My DNA Health
The Doctors Laboratory
Methylation profile interpretation available
*The term nutritionist has in the past been used interchangeably with nutritional therapist. Nutritional therapists work on a one-to-one basis. A nutritionist works with groups of people, or on research or population level nutritional impacts. For more detail on these titles see this link.
Nearest postcode areas are KT7, KT8, KT10, KT12 and KT13 in Elmbridge, Surrey - south of the Thames; TW11 and TW12 in Richmond; TW16 and TW17 in Spelthorne, Surrey - north of the Thames.
The nearest towns to my practice are East Molesey, West Molesey, Thames Ditton, Long Ditton, Esher, Walton-on-Thames, Hersham, Oxshott, Cobham and Weybridge.